The South Australian Wine and Food Society is a non-profit organisation of
lovers of wine and food in Adelaide, South Australia. We were established
in 1974 and are affiliated with the Federation of Wine & Food Societies of
Our aims in the SAW&FS are:
- to provide excellent functions (not necessarily extravagant or high cost)
- to enable members to experience wine and food which they might not
- to encourage pursuit of excellence in wine and food suppliers
- to enable our members to benefit from contact with experts in the wine and
food industry, and,
- to enjoy the company of like-minded people.
Each year we have 5 "black tie" dinners, 2 wine tastings on
Tuesday/Wednesdays. Annual picnic
While our functions are private events for our members and
their guests, we welcome visitors from other wine and food societies affiliated
with the Federation of W&FS of Australia. To the extent we can, S A W F S would be delighted to help visitors to South
Australia to experience our wine, food and people.